Applications for the 2021 Young Leaders of the Americas Initiative (YLAI)
Fellowship Program are open January 21 – February 25, 2021: YLAI.State.gov/Apply
The YLAI Fellowship Program is sponsored by the U.S. Department of State with funding provided by the U.S. Government and supported in its implementation by IREX.
Welcome to YLAI 2021!
- January 21 – The application went live!
- Before February 19 – Apply to be a member of our Selection Committee here.
- *In appreciation for their time and energy, readers will receive an honorarium of $100 once they have completed all assigned applications.
- February 25 – Application closes at 12pm EST! Remind your networks when this deadline is approaching.
- February 26 – March 17, 2021 – Selection Committee members read and score applications.
- March 31 – April 16, 2021 – Selection Committee members view and score recorded semi-finalist interviews.
The Young Leaders of the Americas Initiative (YLAI) Fellowship Program, a fully funded six-week exchange program, is an opportunity for young entrepreneurs and emerging business leaders from Latin America, Canada, and the Caribbean to improve their leadership and entrepreneurial skills through hands-on experience, online coursework, and face-to-face training. YLAI offers a unique opportunity to join a network of business leaders across the Americas.
Applications for YLAI 2021 are open January 21 – February 25, 2021. If selected, YLAI Fellows will travel to Tempe, Arizona in October 2021 for orientation. From Tempe, YLAI Fellows will travel to cities across the United States where they will gain valuable professional development skills and experience at four-week professional placements at a U.S.-based host organization. At the end of their professional placement, YLAI Fellows will travel to Washington, D.C. for the YLAI Closing Forum.
Current residents and citizens of the participating countries below who have a demonstrated track record of successfully growing their own business or social venture for at least two (2) years and will be between the ages of 25 and 35 at the start of the Fellowship. Women, ethnic minorities, and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
YLAI 2021 Participating Countries
Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Aruba, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Bolivia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Curacao, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Grenada, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, St. Kitts and Nevis, St. Lucia, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, St. Maarten, Suriname, Trinidad and Tobago, Uruguay, and Venezuela.
How you can get involved!
Ready to help YLAI recruit a diverse group of amazing entrepreneurs? Great! Here are ways you can help:
• Share the application link with your networks: YLAI.State.gov/Apply
• Post to social media about the YLAI 2021 Fellowship application using #YLAI2021Trailblazers and the social media graphics attached.
• Email the attached YLAI 2021 flyer to networks and organizations working with entrepreneurs or minority groups in your country.
• Print the attached YLAI 2021 flyer and post to community bulletin boards.
• Help us select the YLAI 2021 cohort by joining the YLAI 2021 Selection Committee!